There are a variety of opportunities in the Central Pennsylvania real estate market for both buyers and sellers. If you're a prospective buyer click here for a full home search, or if you're considering placing your home on the market this spring, get a free home value report, right here. Is it time to refinance? Click here!
Do you have a problem remembering names? Most of us have forgotten someone's name and felt pretty awkward about it. Today I wanted to share five simple tips for remembering names.
- Greet and repeat. When you first meet someone, repeat their name by saying something like "Nice to meet you Jake!" Then make an attempt to use that person's first name throughout the conversation without being too mechanical.
- Spell it out. If the name is unusual, ask the person to spell it out for you. Sometimes visualizing the letters will help you remember. If a name could have a variant like Kris and Chris, make sure you ask.
- Card them. Ask for a business card and glance at it while you speak with the person to create another visual reference for your memory.
- Associate your associates. If they have the same name as a close friend or a family member, make a mental note or picture for easier recall. You can also associate them with a celebrity or character with the same name; take a second to visualize it.
- Rhyme all the time. "Jen from Penn" or "Phil on the hill" or "Mary owns a dairy" are fun ways to improve your recall of names. Find something to rhyme their name with - it’s not hard.
Ask for a business card and glance at it throughout the conversation.
One of the main reasons we forget names is because we're busy and have too much going on in our minds. Once you start to engage more fully with new people you meet, the little details will improve your name recall rapidly.
I hope you find this topic as helpful as I did. If you have any questions for me about Harrisburg real estate, give me a call or send me an email. I'd love to hear from you.